Step Drill offer many advantages over conventional drill bits including; One drill bit to drill multiple sizes - Do more carry less! Best option for enlarging existing holes. More durable than twist drill bits, thick core resists breakage. More accurate and less walking, tip starts on contact. Clean burr free holes, less reaming required. Drills plastic without splitting or cracking.
Step drills are ideal for drilling into the following materials; Ferrous & non-ferrous sheets metals, profiles and pipes, copper, brass and aluminium, stainless steel, Plastics, Maximum material thickness 4 mm. To ensure best lifetime we recommend the use of a coolant.
Features and Benefits:
- Rapid Strike tip for improved centering - less walking and fast drilling without the need to punch or pre drill the material.
- Optimised 2 flute ground sharpened edge geometry for 2 x faster and smoother cutting.
- Special tip and step geometry for jam-free performance - less risk of drill snagging when used with high speed cordless tools and also prevents deformation of the drilled material.
- Produced from custom engineered steel with black oxide coating for 4 x longer life.
- Laser engraved size markings for best long term visibility.
- Each step is relief ground to drill and deburr automatically.
- With 3 flat secure grip to prevent step drill from slipping in the chuck and ensure maximum transmission of torque.
Description - 4 - 20 mm
Shank diameter (mm) - 8
Overall length (mm) - 65
No. of steps - 9